Wix vs Weebly comparison reveals that Wix offers more design flexibility and features, ideal for creative customization, while Weebly provides a more structured interface, great for straightforward, user-friendly website building. Both cater to different user needs effectively.
In this comprehensive guide, we'll explore an in-depth comparison between Wix vs. Weebly. This guide will serve as more than just a written comparison for Wix Vs Weebly; it is an actionable guide that will enable you to make informed decisions.
We aim to evaluate which platforms would best suit your business needs in 2024 and the years to follow.
We will scrutinize the two platforms based on the following key aspects:
- Ease of Use
- Website Backup
- Value for Money
- Design Functionalities
- Customer Support
- App Store
- Marketing Features
Our examination will commence with an overview of both platforms, setting the stage for a thorough comparison. We'll then delve into the specifics of each point listed above, carefully weighing the strengths and weaknesses of Wix and Weebly.
Get ready to dive deep into the intricacies of Wix and Weebly. By the end of this enlightening voyage, you'll emerge with a clear vision of which platform suits your specific needs and aspirations. Let's get started, your ultimate website-building guide awaits.
Which Option Comes Out on Top Wix vs Weebly Comparison?
1. Ease of Use: Is Weebly Easier to Use than Wix
Weebly is a user-friendly, reliable, and feature-rich platform that lets you build a high-quality website, blog, or online store. One of the significant advantages of Weebly is its intuitive drag-and-drop web builder.
This means that even if you are not a tech-savvy person, you can still create a professional-looking site in no time. You don't need to understand or write code to use Weebly, making it an accessible platform for anyone interested in setting up a web presence.
Advantages of using Weebly Platform
Weebly also provides a wide range of customizable design templates that give your website a professional look and feel. By using these templates, you can create your own online identity without needing graphic design skills.
Additionally, the platform features a mobile app users can use to create and manage their websites on the go, which adds a level of convenience for busy entrepreneurs.
Another advantage of Weebly is its powerful e-commerce capabilities.Want to start selling online? Weebly makes it a breeze. From secure payments to tracking inventory, it's all simple with Weebly.
And don't worry about shipping and taxes, there are handy calculators for that too.
And guess what? Weebly doesn't stop at making sales easier. It also helps people find your store in the first place.
With its SEO features, your site can climb search engine rankings. That means more potential customers spotting your store.
Weebly guides you through the process and even automates some of it. So not only does your online store look great, but it's also easy to find. Now, that's a win-win.
Tools and Features for Business Owners
Now, regarding the tools and features that Weebly provides to business owners:
- Website Builder: A straightforward, drag-and-drop website builder that doesn't require coding knowledge.
- E-commerce Tools: An integrated shopping cart, secure checkout, and inventory management for online stores. There are also features to set up digital gift cards, customer reviews, and coupons or discounts.
- Marketing Tools: Including SEO tools, email marketing integration, social media integration, and advanced site analytics.
- Template Selection: A broad selection of customizable design templates.
- App Center: A variety of third-party applications that can extend the functionality of your site, from chat and survey tools to booking and scheduling systems.
- Hosting & Domain Services: Weebly offers free hosting and makes it easy to connect a domain, whether it's a new one or an existing one.
- Mobile App: A robust mobile application for website creation and management from anywhere.
- Customer Support: A comprehensive support center with helpful guides, as well as email and chat support.
- Multimedia Features: Tools for embedding videos, music, and other multimedia into your site.
- Form Builder: Tools for creating custom contact forms, RSVP lists, surveys, and more.
Wix can certainly be used to build an online store. Wix is a popular website builder offering e-commerce functionality, allowing businesses to set up online shops to sell products or services.
To add products to your Wix eCommerce store, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Wix account and go to your Wix site editor.
- Click on "My Store" or "Add Elements" on the left side of the Editor and then select "Store."
- You will be guided through the setup process if it's your first time adding a product. If not, navigate to the "Manage Your Store" button.
- Once in your store's dashboard, click "Store Products" on the left-hand menu.
- In the "Store Products" section, click the "+ New Product" button.
- Once you're finished entering all the product details, click "Save" at the top right of the page. Your product is now live on your website.
Note: To make your online store fully functional, you must set up payment methods, shipping rules, and tax rules in the Wix store settings. Wix also provides various design and customization options to ensure your online store matches your brand identity.
Dealing with online store which is better Wix or Weebly
When it comes to dealing with larger online stores, both Wix and Weebly offer various features that can be helpful, but the choice between the two often depends on your specific needs and priorities.
Wix provides more advanced design capabilities with a greater range of customization options that can be beneficial for larger stores seeking a unique look and feel.
It also offers a variety of sales and marketing features, including abandoned cart recovery, multiple payment methods, and multi-channel selling capabilities.
In general, while both Wix and Weebly can work for larger stores, they may not be the best choice for very large e-commerce operations or businesses with complex needs.
Other platforms, such as Shopify Plus or Magento, are specifically designed for larger, more complex e-commerce businesses and offer a greater range of advanced features and capabilities.
On the other hand, Wix started as a website builder and then added e-commerce functionality. While it's a great tool for creating visually stunning websites and is extremely user-friendly, its e-commerce capabilities might not be as robust as Weebly’s when managing a larger store.
For example, while Wix does have integrations, they might not be as extensive as Weebly's, and it may not offer the same level of complexity in its product management and analytics.
So, if you have a larger store or plan to scale your business significantly, Weebly might be the better choice due to its advanced and extensive e-commerce features.
It's always recommended to analyze your needs, budget, and resources before choosing a platform. Both platforms offer trial periods, so you can try each to see which fits your needs best.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4.5:4
Winner: For a straightforward and fuss-free website building experience, Wix has the upper hand. While Weebly's templates might take a bit more time to figure out, Wix shines in the ease-of-use department. It's all about what feels right to you and your confidence in navigating the platform. But if speedy and simple website creation is your main goal, then Wix takes the cake.
2. Wix or Weebly: Which Provide the Best Backup Option
Wix does not provide a traditional backup feature where you can download and restore your site. Instead, it offers a Site History feature, which lets you view and restore previous versions. But this is limited to a certain number of past versions and only includes page layout changes.
Challenges might arise if you need to restore deleted content, as it might not be retrievable. Hence, manual backups of site content are advisable to prevent data loss. Always double-check your backup approach in case of platform updates or changes.
Weebly allows you to create a backup of your website's content by exporting it as a .zip file. This file will include the HTML for your pages, your theme, and any attached images. However, it's important to note that the .zip file only contains your website's static content and not interactive or dynamic elements.
Here's where the limitations come in. Unfortunately, blog posts and store pages, as well as individual product pages, are not included in the exported .zip file.
Any blog content or e-commerce functionality would need to be manually backed up and recreated if you were to restore your site from this backup.
The .zip file plays a significant role as it acts as an archive that holds all your website's static information. It's a way of gathering multiple files together into a single bundle, making it easier to manage, move, and store these files.
However, it's crucial to remember that this backup and export method is somewhat limited. If you need a full backup of your site, including blogs, store pages, and other dynamic content, you may need to look into additional backup solutions or services or consult with a web development professional.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 1:1
Winner: Neither platform clearly wins in terms of backup features. Both have their pros and cons, and the best choice would depend on the specific needs and priorities of the user.
3. Value for Money: Where to Invest Your Money for the Best Return
Wix does offer specific pricing plans designed to empower eCommerce businesses. Wix has three eCommerce plans: Business Basic, Business Unlimited, and Business VIP.
Here's a brief overview of each:
Business Basic: This plan includes all the basics for starting a new online business. It includes accepting online payments, 20GB of storage, 5 video hours, and no Wix ads.
Business Unlimited: In addition to the features of the Business Basic plan, the Business Unlimited plan provides additional storage (35GB), more video hours (10 hours), and additional eCommerce features like subscriptions and automatic sales tax calculations. It also includes some marketing and branding tools.
Business VIP: The Business VIP plan includes everything in the Business Unlimited plan but with even more storage (50GB) and unlimited video hours. It also provides priority support.
The specific plan that best suits your eCommerce store depends on your business needs and goals. If you're just starting, the Business Basic plan may suffice. But the Business Unlimited or Business VIP plan might be more appropriate if you need advanced features.
Weebly's Pricing structure is designed to meet a variety of needs:
- Free Plan - $0 per month: Basic use with Free SSL Security and the ability to add 3rd party embed code.
- Personal Plan - $10 per month when billed annually or $13 on a month-to-month basis: This includes all features from the Free Plan and enables you to connect to a custom domain.
- Professional Plan - $12 per month when billed annually or $16 on a month-to-month basis: This tier includes all the offerings from the Personal Plan and adds further customization options, unlimited storage, advanced site statistics, a free domain, and the removal of Square Ads.
- Performance Plan - $26 per month when billed annually or $29 on a month-to-month basis: Weebly most comprehensive Plan; it includes all features from the Professional Plan and adds password protection to enhance your site's security, along with features that facilitate growth and operation management.
Which One is Cheaper Wix or Weebly?
Weebly and Wix both offer a variety of pricing plans, including free options. The cost of their paid plans can vary based on the specific features you need.
At that time, Weebly's pricing tiers started from around $6 per month (when billed annually) for the Personal plan, while Wix's most basic paid plan (Combo) started at around $14 per month (when billed annually).
Both platforms also offered Business/Ecommerce plans, with Weebly's starting at approximately $12 per month and Wix's starting at $23 per month (both when billed annually).
However, it's important to note that while comparing the costs, you should also consider the features offered by each platform. While one might be cheaper, the other might offer more value for money based on the features you require for your website.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4:4.5
Winner: Weebly edges out Wix to get the most bang for your buck. True, Wix's free option offers more bells and whistles, but when you move to the premium side of things, Wix's plans tend to be pricier. So, when it comes to offering value for your money, Weebly takes the crown.
4. Design Functionalities : Which Design Platform Gives You the Most Control?
When evaluating design functionality, we consider a variety of factors, including templates, mobile editors, image libraries, and product pages. Wix is the clear winner in this category, with a score of 4.5 out of 5.
But why is Wix our Preferred option then Weebly? Let’s dive into it.
- Greater Selection of Templates: Wix offers a vast array of professional, modern templates that cater to various industries and needs.
- Drag-and-Drop Design: Wix's design interface allows you to move elements freely anywhere on the page, providing greater customization.
- Artificial Design Intelligence (ADI): Wix's ADI feature asks a series of questions and automatically generates a unique site based on the responses.
- Extensive App Market: Wix's app market is larger than Weebly's, offering a multitude of additional features and functionalities that can be integrated into your website.
Designs Should be Mobile Responsive
Wix offers a comprehensive approach to mobile-responsive design. When you build a website on Wix, it automatically creates a mobile-optimized version of your site. Here are some key points that underscore this aspect:
- Automatic Mobile View: When you create or update your Wix site, the platform automatically generates a mobile version that you can customize separately without affecting the desktop design.
- Customizable Mobile Interface: Wix offers a mobile editor where you can adjust the layout, hide or show certain elements, and add special mobile features to optimize the mobile experience.
- Mobile Preview: You can use the platform's mobile view to preview and test how your site will look and function on mobile devices, ensuring the design is responsive and user-friendly.
- Google Mobile-Friendly: Websites created using Wix are considered mobile-friendly by Google. This is important for SEO, as Google gives preference to mobile-friendly sites in mobile search results.
Weebly designs are indeed mobile-responsive. When you create a website using Weebly, the platform automatically ensures that your site is optimized for viewing on various mobile devices. Here's how Weebly supports mobile-responsive design:
- Mobile-Responsive Templates: All of Weebly's website templates are designed to be mobile-responsive. This means they automatically adjust to fit the screen size of the device they're viewing on, whether it's a desktop, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Automatic Mobile Version: Like Wix, Weebly automatically generates a mobile version of your site when you create or edit your website. This mobile version is designed to look great on smaller screens and provide a good user experience.
- Preview Option: You can preview how your site will look on mobile devices with Weebly. This enables you to ensure that your site not only looks good but also functions properly on mobile.
Templates and Their Pricing that You can Choose
Weebly offers around 50-60 customizable, mobile-responsive templates. These templates span a variety of categories, including business, portfolio, personal, event, blog, and other specialized categories.
Each template is designed with a unique look and feel, but they all share Weebly's user-friendly, drag-and-drop customization features.
The template selection may have been updated or expanded after my last training cut-off, so it's always a good idea to check the Weebly website for the most current information.
Wix offers an impressive range of over 800 professionally designed templates, catering to various industries, from retail and restaurants to portfolios and blogs. These templates are user-friendly, highly customizable, and mobile-optimized, ensuring a responsive design across devices.
The drag-and-drop editor allows for easy customization, empowering users to craft a unique and personalized web presence without needing to code. Whether you're a beginner or an advanced user, Wix's templates offer a comprehensive solution for creating stunning websites.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4.5:4
Winner: When it comes to design flexibility, Wix steals the spotlight.
Its vast library of customizable templates secures a solid 4.5/5 in the design functionality category. While Weebly might not boast as many templates, it does offer the flexibility to switch your template further along your journey. So, if versatility in design is your game, Wix might be the name.
5. Weebly Vs. Wix: Which Platform Has the Best Customer Support?
Weebly offers a robust customer support system to assist users in resolving any issues they might encounter and answer their questions promptly.
- Support Center: Weebly has an extensive online Support Center, which includes a comprehensive collection of articles, guides, and tutorials. These resources cover a wide range of topics, from getting started with building a website to more advanced topics like SEO and e-commerce.
- Live Chat & Email Support: For more specific queries or immediate assistance, Weebly provides live chat and email support. Their support team is dedicated and responsive, helping users resolve their issues in a timely manner.
- Community Forum: Users can also ask questions and share advice on Weebly's Community Forum. It's a great place to find answers from other experienced Weebly users or share your own knowledge.
- Priority Support: For users on higher-tier plans, Weebly offers priority support, which means their questions or issues will be addressed even more quickly.
Wix offers a comprehensive customer support system, assisting at various levels to ensure its users have a smooth experience. The support ranges from self-help resources, such as a detailed Help Center with articles and tutorials, to one-on-one support options.
For immediate, direct assistance, users can contact the Wix customer support team through a phone call or submit a ticket via email. Wix also offers a callback service, where users can request a call at a time that suits them.
Finally, for premium plan users, Wix provides priority support, ensuring faster response times. This multi-tiered support system ensures that users of all experience levels can get the help they need when they need it.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4:4.5
Winner: Both Wix and Weebly provide strong customer support with multiple channels for assistance. However, Wix edges ahead slightly by offering phone support and a callback service, providing users with more direct and immediate help when needed.
6. App Store: What Extras Do Weebly and Wix Offer?
To visit the App Store on the Wix website, click on the More option in the header. A pop-up will appear, and you can click on the App Store to be redirected to the App Store website.
In Weebly's App Center, you can find an array of add-ons that can extend your website's functionality, enhance its features, and integrate it with many popular web services. Here's an overview of what you can add to your Weebly site using apps from different categories:
- Boost Traffic: Apps in this category focus on improving your website's SEO, driving more traffic to your site. These might include SEO tools, analytics integrations, and other resources to enhance your site's visibility and attract more visitors.
- Spike Sales: This category includes apps that help improve your e-commerce capabilities. You can set up multiple sales channels, gather and display customer reviews, and manage marketing campaigns. These tools can help you drive more sales and increase your profits.
- Get Social: Social media integration apps fall under this category. These tools can help you integrate your site with social media platforms, facilitate social sharing, and engage with your audience on social platforms, making your website a social media powerhouse.
- Made by Weebly: Weebly also offers its own suite of apps designed to complement and enhance your Weebly site. These apps are made by Weebly themselves and can provide various functions, from enhancing design elements to improving site management and functionality.
Each app in Weebly's App Center is designed to add specific functionalities to your website, allowing you to tailor your site to fit your unique needs and goals. Using these apps, you can create a more powerful, interactive, and successful website.
Wix provides two distinct app experiences: Wix Mobile App and Wix Branded Apps. The Wix Mobile App allows you to manage your site or store from your phone. You can update your blog, respond to comments, track your inventory, and process orders, offering convenience and flexibility.
On the other hand, Wix Branded Apps are custom-built apps that enhance your brand presence. You can create an app personalized to your business, providing your customers with a unique mobile experience.
For a comprehensive understanding of what the Wix App is and a step-by-step guide on its installation, I recommend referring to our existing guide titled 'What is Wix App.'
Setting up these apps with Wix is straightforward. Just navigate to the Wix App Market. You can find it by clicking on 'Apps', located at the bottom of your dashboard on the left, and then selecting 'App Market'.
You can now select apps that best suit the requirements of your business or website.
To set up the app you want, simply select it and then hit 'Add to Site'.
Using apps with Wix enhances the user experience, making it more interactive and accessible. The smooth integration of these apps within the Wix platform elevates your website or store, offering a seamless and intuitive interface for both you and your audience.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4.5:4.5
Winner: It's a Tie
With Weebly boasting a broader selection of apps, both platforms nevertheless present an impressive assortment of top-notch choices. The blend of regular updates, and a choice between free and premium apps, make either a winning pick in this category.
7. Marketing Features: How to Scale Your Online Presence?
Scaling your online presence is integral to your business's success, and Weebly provides an array of marketing features to help you achieve just that:
- SEO Tools: Weebly's built-in SEO tools help improve your site's visibility on search engines. It provides automatic sitemap generation, customizable URLs, and meta descriptions to boost your rankings.
- Email Marketing: Weebly's Promote feature allows you to create professional, customized email campaigns to engage your audience, keep them informed, and drive traffic to your site.
- Social Media Integration: You can integrate your Weebly website with your social media profiles, enabling you to share content across platforms, increase engagement, and expand your reach.
- Blogging Capabilities: With Weebly's built-in blogging platform, you can create engaging content, improving your SEO and keeping your audience engaged.
- Analytics: Weebly offers built-in analytics to monitor your site's performance, visitor behavior, and other key metrics. It helps you understand your audience better and strategize accordingly.
- Lead Capture Forms: You can create and customize forms to gather visitor information, build your mailing list, or get feedback.
- E-commerce Marketing Tools: Features like integrated shopping carts, product search, ratings, and reviews help enhance the shopping experience, driving more sales.
In contrast, Wix has revolutionized the ecommerce marketing landscape with its offering - Wix Ascend. This tool is a holistic marketing solution, available as a standalone subscription, which seamlessly allows you to manage all your marketing campaigns from one central location.
Furthermore, Wix has joined forces with Semrush, providing you direct access to Semrush's vast keyword data right from your Wix dashboard.
Depending on your Semrush subscription level, you can enjoy 10 free keywords daily, or even more if you're on a premium plan. In total, you have the potential to tap into an impressive repository of 21 billion keywords - a truly remarkable asset for amplifying your SEO marketing strategies.
Result: Wix Vs. Weebly 4:4
Winner: It's a tie.The verdict is a close one, but Wix might nudge ahead. Its superior social media capabilities provide a minor advantage over Weebly. Nonetheless, this isn't likely to be a make-or-break factor in your decision.
In conclusion, our in-depth guide reveals that both Wix and Weebly are robust platforms that can effectively serve your business needs. While Wix seems to outshine Weebly regarding design flexibility, ease of use, and customer support, Weebly scores slightly higher regarding value for money.
In areas such as app stores and marketing features, both platforms stand on equal footing. Regarding managing larger online stores, Weebly might be the better choice due to its extensive e-commerce features.
Therefore, choosing between Wix and Weebly largely depends on your individual requirements, budget, and business goals.
Both platforms offer trial periods, enabling you to test out each before making an informed decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which is easy to use: Wix or Weebly?
Both Wix and Weebly are user-friendly, but Weebly is often considered easier for beginners due to its structured, drag-and-drop interface. Wix offers more creative freedom with its design options, which can be more appealing to users comfortable with a slightly steeper learning curve.
Is Wix better than Weebly?
Whether Wix is better than Weebly depends on your specific needs. Wix provides extensive customization options and a wide range of features, making it ideal for users who prioritize design flexibility. Weebly, on the other hand, offers a more streamlined building process, which can be advantageous for users seeking simplicity and ease of use.
Is Wix good for SEO?
Yes, Wix is good for SEO. It offers various SEO tools and features, such as customizable URLs, title tags, meta descriptions, and more. Wix continuously updates its platform to ensure it's in line with the best SEO practices, making it a solid choice for optimizing your website's search engine ranking.